Monday, June 22, 2009

Lets be realistic here

So, normally I say something like "My goal for the week is to run every day and get in 60 miles," or something along those lines.  This week?  Not so much.  I'm driving to chicago, my birthday is tomorrow, I have work for anywhere from 12 to 15 hours a day from Thursday through Sunday, and then Becky is flying into Chicago Sunday evening.  So I wont lie to myself and think I'm going to get in 60 miles this week.  I will, however, lie to myself and say I will get in 50 miles a week (again) and that I wont go too crazy on my birthday (Which I will be celebrating in Toledo Ohio, if anyone is around), I'll sleep well this week, and not eat too much crap.  Ha.

Anyways, as bad a week of training as this week is turning out to be, my last few days were pretty awesome.  Chris (who shares my disdain for leprechauns) and I went for a baller 9 mile run, which I mentioned before.  Yesterday I went for a 13 miler with Tushar.  It was pretty controlled and we felt great most of the way.  The last two miles I was pretty tired, but that was mostly because I hadn't really slept for the last 2 days.  Apparently my internal clock hates me when I have to get up at 5:00am for work on a Sunday.  It was a great refreshing run, and allowed for me to fall asleep sitting up on Tushar's couch.  Thus meaning I fell asleep at Tushar's as many times this weekend, as I did Heps weekend... 

Moving on.

As for my run today Chris and I are currently in Somerset Pa.  Which is apparently the never ending hill capital of western Pa.  We went straight up the first hill we saw, thinking it led to some trails, or something, because all we could see up the hill were trees, and more distant hills.  It did not lead to any trails, but it did lead to some neighborhoods and, more hills.  So yeah, I have no idea how far I ran, Chris was with me for 25 minutes, then I added on until I was at 40, then turned around and got back in 1:04.  I came straight back and didn't go into any of the neighborhoods.  So yeah, it was about 9, maybe, but it was hard as hell every step.  

Tomorrow we're of to Toledo, then to Chicago on Wednesday.  We're there for the next 10 to 12 days or so, then we head down to St. Luis for a week or so, then off to the Motherland, Portland.  

No comments:

Post a Comment